Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdl newbie

This topic is 5541 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i downloaded all the .zip files i needed, but i can''t get the program to run.

#include "SDL.h"

int main()
{
	return 0;
}

--------------------Configuration: b - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
b.cpp
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\sdl\sdl_rwops.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ''stdio.h'': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.

b.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

can someone please help?

i realize that i have a larger problem at hand. now it seems i can''t even make a console program without the compiler saying something like, "cannot find --- directory ". when i was reading how to install SDL, i think i screwed up in the process. during the process, i went to TOOLS->OPTIONS->DIRECTIONS and under include, i messed something up. So if somebody could please tell what they have under the include section, i would really really appreciate it! btw i''m using mvc++ 6.0. Thank you!

Check if you accidently removed "c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include" from your include directory list.
If so, add it on top of the SDL dirs.

nah, i still got all my includes in the vc98 folder. i just can''t figure out what i''m doing wrong. i included the sdl.dll in the system folder, all the sdl includes are in their own folder under SDL in vc98 and the SDL libraries with the other libraries. i tried compiling the simple program this site offers, but nothing. then i went to cone3d and tried his but that too didn''t work! i''m going nuts here!