Whats the diff between visual c++ and just c++?

Started by
7 comments, last by fallout 21 years, 6 months ago
Is there a difference because i just bought the visual c++ program and i was just wonderin if i bought the wroung thing to start codin? thx!
Advertisement
Visual C++ is a compiler/debugger/IDE.
C++ is a language.

Visual C++ is sometimes Standard C++ compliant.

---- --- -- -
Blue programmer needs food badly. Blue programmer is about to die!
Visual C++ is an IDE (integrated development environment) for coding in the C++ Language
ok cool thx for the explanation
quote:Original post by mossmoss
Visual C++ is sometimes Standard C++ compliant.

When there''s a full moon?

The world holds two classes of men -- intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence. - Abu''l-Ala-Al-Ma''arri (973-1057; Syrian poet)
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Well, it will compile standard code, but if you are not careful it is easy to use a compiler specific part of it (which sucks when you release your code to us poor people with BCB )

Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Cool Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | M&S | TA | LiT | H*R ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Reference | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Go FAQ yourself ]

Microsoft never liked ISO standards, as you can see in their poor POSIX network support. Why is that?
"Security throught obscurity. Economy throught obscurity. POSIX would make life of developers outside microsoft hell easier.."(someone said on irc)
----------------------------I would rather burn dollars than USA flags... but they are too expensive!
As a student I have had nothing but grief from visual. The " is sometimes standard" is true and frustrating. I avoid it like the plauge now and recomend Dev C++ to anyone looking for an IDE.

"... thats the rub...

[edited by - hamlet on October 18, 2002 5:21:51 PM]
"... thats the rub...
The "visual" c++ comes from having graphical widget maker inside the IDE I think. Borland had something similar and called it the RAD for rapid application development.

[edited by - JD on October 18, 2002 9:31:39 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement