Problem with DirectX8 installation

Started by
5 comments, last by kynice 21 years, 6 months ago
I''m hoping someone can help me with this problem--I downloaded the directx8 SDK butrI just can''t seem to install it. Any help to this problem is appreciated.
Advertisement
Umm, it would really help to know exactly what the problem is.
You provide no information on your problem...
My guess: redownload the SDK!

Yesterday we still stood at the verge of the abyss,
today we''re a step onward!
Yesterday we still stood at the verge of the abyss,today we're a step onward! Don't klick me!!!
I have visual C++ and I downloaded the sdk and I thought I installed it because it said "Installation Complete" but when I try to compile some code, it tells me "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\y\StdAfx.cpp(6) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3d8.h': No such file or directory". I know that the header file is on my computer so I don't know what's wrong!

[edited by - kynice on October 18, 2002 1:05:36 AM]
You need to manually copy the include files and Libs into the appropriate Visual C++ directories.
quote:You need to manually copy the include files and Libs into the appropriate Visual C++ directories.

Barf, no way! You just need to set up your project so that it knows where the SDK libs and headers live. Go to Project...Settings... and click the C/C++ tab. Choose Preprocessor on the Category drop down. In the text field under Additional include directories type in the path where your DirectX include files are, probably C:\DXSDK\include.
Now, click the Link tab and choose Input in the Category drop down. Under additional library path, type in the path where your DirectX libs are, probably C:\DXSDK\lib. OK, you should be in business now!
bugawk?
thanx Mr Bakbugawk!!! I finally got the damn thing working!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement