Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sakky

custon vertex in dx8

I don''t get the vertex buffer in d3d8. Will some one help please? I''m not getting exactly how they work. I haven''t found much helpfull tutorials that describe them for me. Is there a way I can not make custom vertices and use stock dx ones? One of my problems is getting to know how the whole operation works. Do I need to create a seperate vertex buffer for every new object I want to construct? I''m would like to know that similartities between DirectDraw surfaces and d3d8 vertex buffers in implementation form. Do they pretty much work along the same guid lines? I''m having trouble being able to see thangs clearly. I have not been able to find a good description of d3d8''s vertex buffer''s operations on google or msdn. I need something that will bring me from directdraw surfcaes to vertex buffers. I see a little of the same in them. I''m trying to merge into this directx8 graphics gradualy. But I''m getting impatient with not being able to find the information I need.

Check out www.andypike.com and look at the DirectX tutorials. Going through the tutorials should give you a nice hold-your-hand walk through.

Is a vertex shader basicly like a vertex manager? A machine that handles states and other information about verticies. Then a vertex buffer should be the interface that the programmer uses to work with the shade, correct?

quote:
Original post by Bretttido
Check out www.andypike.com and look at the DirectX tutorials. Going through the tutorials should give you a nice hold-your-hand walk through.

Thanks for your help.