What's with the new Radon overlay advertisement?

Started by
75 comments, last by bob_the_third 21 years, 5 months ago
This wierd slime image drips down when I open the main page and advertises Radon at the expense of my being able to actually SEE what is on the page! Is this something you guys are endorcing or is it just the next step in annoying random popup adds?
Advertisement
Yea, I just saw that. I swear I wish I had a penny for every pop up ad that I had. Makes me hate internet marketers more and more every single day. Between junk mail in my mail box, spam in my email box, and telemarketers, I''m really getting sick of it all. I wish there were something we could do about it, but there really isn''t. I mean, public beatings can only be taken so far. In any case, it''s really annoying.

Looking for an honest video game publisher? Visit www.gamethoughts.com
Shameless plug: Game Thoughts
I agree, it''s very annoying, but if that''s what it takes to keep GD.net going...

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
The problem is that the advertiser is missing the big picture , in that if he pisses me off enough with those stupid pop-ups I will refuse to buy his product simply because he annoys me. I am probably in the majority, so more than likely you will continue to be plagued by these things.
I don't have a problem with banner adds, or even windowed popup adds...I just find that particular type of add annoying. Okay, let me rephrase that. On GDNet I don't have a problem with banner and windowed popup adds because it's a cool site that's free for us, but costs the people who run it money which means anything that offsets their costs is okay by me; I just find that particular add to be more irritating than usual.

[edited by - bob_the_third on October 18, 2002 12:29:14 PM]
I usually hate those kind of adds... but this radeon ad is sweet! Did you see the transluscent effect? very cool... At either rate this one lasts for a max of ~3 seconds... Whoopty-doo-da-day...
Haven''t seen anything on GD just yet but I was just on a film site and having just started to read the article the whole screen faded to black for an advert. Luckily I am quick with the mouse so I managed to clicked the close button that appeared before the ad had managed to load. Phew!

pan narrans
Study + Hard Work + Loud Profanity = Good Code
Minister of Propaganda : leighstringer.com : Nobody likes the man who brings bad news - Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC), Antigone
Opera
Mozilla

Why would you want to take away Gamedev''s only source of revenue? The revenue that keeps this site running. Anyone with half a brain can setup IE (or any browser for that matter) to block ads/content from scum advertisers while leaving legit ads in place.
And what about those of us on 56ks? Do I really want to sit and download a hulking file so some overated wannabe sarge can scream at me about why I must go watch his show now or he'll kick my ass?

[edited by - deyja on October 18, 2002 1:12:03 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement