partical

Started by
1 comment, last by delete 21 years, 6 months ago
hello! i woundered if anyone could clear up a bit of confusion about how quads are orieneted toward the viewer buy taking the camera look and eye vectors.i have camera that moves like a first person shooter but will change to something much more dynamic when i learn more about them. now i am trying to understand billboards/particals i did not want to post such an easy question but i spent all my cash on this stupid book the zen of d3d 70$ and what i learned did not get me far anyway if i had the loot i would buy another book . the tutorials in the sdk and online dont explain the machanics.
virtual what
Advertisement
If your using d3d I recomend using pointsprites instead of billboards for particle systems (if your card supports them, that is). Check out the example in the DirectX 8.1 SDK. Its fairly straight forward and you only need the position of your partcle to render them, not 4 vertices of a quad.
APE
i thought of that but half way learning them i found out just that problem about the vid card support and point size limits being to small or something.
virtual what

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement