UT 2003

Started by
6 comments, last by Monder 21 years, 5 months ago
Does anybody know if I can get UnrealEd3 for linux? I know there''s a window version but is there a linux one?
Advertisement
I believe that technically, they aren''t making a guarentee that there will be linux binaries. However, word on the street is that binaries will be made within a few months.
Look here: http://www.tuxgames.com/details.cgi?gameref=89
Do games that are later made for Linux usually make linux binaries available for download?

Like if I had Quake 3 for Windows, I could download the linux executable and play the whole game?
I like the DARK layout!
Only a few companies do this. Id mainly does this because of the fact that they develop on linux, so it only makes sense to release linux binaries.
Where did you hear ID develops on linux? The main platform they are targetting is windows so why the hell would they develop on linux?
quote:Original post by Monder
Where did you hear ID develops on linux? The main platform they are targetting is windows so why the hell would they develop on linux?

Stability. Ever hear of cross-compilers? The fact that an application exists on a certain platform doesn''t infer that it was developed on the same (though it should be tested and debugged natively).

I''m not corroborating or refuting anyone, just making an observation.
I''ve heard that from various sources. Usually when you hear something independently confirmed from more than 2 sources, it''s true.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement