Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walter Byers

Texture coordinate transformations

I’ve encountered a problem with using matrices to transform texture coordinates. Simply put my problem is that I cannot get texture coordinate translations to work. I can get a rotation or scale to work. Here a snippet for my code. It’s very basic. D3DXMATRIX MatrixScale; D3DXMATRIX MatrixRotate; D3DXMATRIX MatrixTranslate; D3DXMATRIX MatrixFinal; D3DXMatrixScaling(&MatrixScale, 2.0f, 2.0f, 1.0); D3DXMatrixRotationZ(&MatrixRotate, 32.0f); D3DXMatrixTranslation(&MatrixTranslate, 0.1f, 0.1f, 0.0f); MatrixFinal = MatrixScale * MatrixRotate * MatrixTranslate; d3dDevice->SetTransform(D3DTS_TEXTURE0, &MatrixFinal); … d3dDevice->SetTexture(0, m_d3dTexture); d3dDevice->SetTextureStageState(0, D3DTSS_TEXTURETRANSFORMFLAGS, D3DTTFF_COUNT2); When I execute my application I can see the texture rotation and scale but not the translation. I feel like I am missing something that should be obvious. The DirectX 8.1 documentation says that transforming texture coordinates is the same as transforming any other coordinate space. Walter Byers

Thanks for answering such a simple question. I understand what I was doing wrong. I forgot to take in account there is only 2 coordinates and how matrices perform coordinate translations. I guess I must go back to Linear Algebra and brush up a bit.