when do you find time?

Started by
1 comment, last by Themonkster 21 years, 6 months ago
Hey just wondering when you guys code ? I code all day at work but when I get home I just can''t get myself to code for fun anymore. I have a ton off stuff to do but can''t find the time.
Advertisement
What I would suggest is first getting one of those projects you want to do, and simply start writing down the different ideas and such.
Work out the details. Figure out what code might go wrong before you code.
Then the coding part will be easy. It is just a matter of taking the stuff you wrote down and translating from English to code.

And sitting down and writing something on paper is a lot easier to get into than sitting in front of an IDE and trying to compile code right away.
-------------------------GBGames' Blog: An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting ThoughtsStaff Reviewer for Game Tunnel
I''m right there with ya. My hobby project has been stalled for over a year. Maybe I''ll pick it up again once I get my masters, but the simultaneous full work week coding with graduate classes is just sucking the life out of me.

Something that helped me: cancel cable if you have it. You''ll spend a lot less time vegging in front of the tube if all you can get is fuzzy local channels.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement