Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TylerL

Completly New...

Hey my name is Tyler Leisher, Recently something happened to me and my life changed directions and is now aiming for Game Development. I''ve wanted to be a Film director but that doesn''t look like its going to happen so I thought about Web Designer, I know HTML, Perl, CGI..most of those. I''ve been into gaming for over half my life and something hit me that creating games for a living would be fun so I decided to aim my life towards that carrer. I signed up for Digipen''s Project FUN and I own a copy of C Programming Starter kit 3.0, Game programming Starter kit 4.0, Game Designs: Secrets of the sages(A book) and Windows game programming for dummies(also a book). I searched around and found these forums and decided to register and post. Now I have a question, where do I begin? What do I do first? Where do I go? Next year I plan on taking a computer programming course, I''m in 10th grade just so you know. So where do I start? Tyler L Kaotic Entertainment "Live Hard, Learn Hard, Game Hard"

Guest Anonymous Poster
This has a lot of useful info:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/start_here/