Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

haxor-g0ld

Motivation!

I''m falling and getting back into programming all the time....I was wondering if someone is haveing the same problems and maybe we could help eachother out! Maybe you could email me and add me to you msn...i would really appreciate it and its kinda hard to keep program if none of your friends do it, and everyone thinks you are a geek! well thanx, sia guys later!!! -haxor_g0ld http://haxor-gold.freezope.org

Set goals for yourself. Same as just about anything in life I guess. The only thing that has really been discouraging for me is knowing that I''m relentlessly racking my brains on things that a lot of people can do in their sleep.

I understand how that is i find my self in the same rut every once in a while.... it will always pass if you are a true game developing junky.

Hopeless Romantic Aero

I understand how that is i find my self in the same rut every once in a while.... it will always pass if you are a true game developing junky.

Hopeless Romantic Aero

Hopeless Romantic Aero

Hopeless Romantic Aero

I have that same prob. Just because I''m a "girl", people don''t think I''m serious about being a game programmer because "girls don''t play games". I say this--If you eat, sleep, and play games all day long, being a game programmer is your destiny whether you pee standing up or not.

I find it helps to have a couple of months break from coding (even computers all together). When you come back you memory feels totally refreshed goals are clearer and you have the "motovation" to continue.

quote:
I find that last remark utterly sexist, Im a guy, Iam a game coder, and I pee sitting down. so there =D

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAA LOLOLO
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaaaaa

ouch ... pain .... tummy ...

I just had to laugh out loud. funny funny funny

heh heh

err... sotty

"I know sometimes I ask stupid questions...but i mean well "
[Triple Buffer-My home]|[SCRIPTaGAME]|[My Old Site]

[edit] asdded the baaaaa part

[edited by - alfmga on October 19, 2002 12:56:06 PM]

Man who pee sitting down never dribble in shorts.

When ever I need motivation I think back to an interview I read with a few members from the Goldeneye team at RARE. There were only 8 core members and none of them had ever made a game befor, yet they managed to make one of the finest games ever.

No but it's really practical, not yellow stains on the toilet floor ever, and game coders like to be practical =D

[I'll forever be remembered on these forums as the sitpeeing gamecoder *lol*]

It''s nice to be important, but it''s more important to be nice.

[edited by - Bad_Maniac on October 21, 2002 6:21:30 PM]

Heya!
Actually, I am sorry, but I''ll stick with the topic, and jumping over the part where people discuss their peeing techniques (algorithms?). Well, when I develop a game, and I need motivation, there is my boss waving the deadline paper front of my face. But when I was younger, there was always a little snippet that helped me. I watched a game trailer over over a thousand times and that kept the spirit in me. I''ve looked at zillions of screenshots. It just helped.

Dan Fekete

Guest Anonymous Poster
I get motivation when i see doom 3 and carmack coding in his 40" monitor