Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Split a pathlist with unknown number of paths

This topic is 5537 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

peter86, people gave you a *dozen* of solutions earlier about this thing. They had solutions that used STL, solutions that used strtok() and most of them also took care of space. Why didn''t you read them? Why would we bother writing them again for you, because there''s a chance you won''t read them now either?

I know this may sound harsh, but for someone like you the best reply would along the lines "f*ck off" (it''s no more harsh than the rather common RTFM, when you think about it )

Oh, and here''s the earlier thread so that people won''t think I''m just being an ass.

I agree with civguy. Asking exactly the same question when it has already been (more than) fully answered does not make you appear very smart, to say the least (the only thing worse would be if you were on AOL).

If you find something wrong with the answers that were given say so, we'd be more than happy to help you if you can show that you're at least paying attention .

You would also be well advised to check this article. It will help you to avoid appearing like a complete waste of our time.

To stay somewhat on topic - the ws input stream manipulator eats whitespace.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]

[edited by - Fruny on October 19, 2002 4:22:43 PM]

quote:
Original post by risingdragon3
Because there are spaces in your input stream. You''ll have to get rid of each whitespace character at the beginning and end of each path.

I didn´t think of that when I asked, didn´t think at all then .

quote:
Original post by peter86
I didn´t think of that when I asked, didn´t think at all then .
Did you think when you started this thread? At all?