Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eddiedog

DirectX Present

eddiedog    122
I''m developing a software that render very large scenes, and i notice that my frame rate is very low (9-20 fps), while the drawing it self seem to be ok (32 ms) i''m waiting on DirectX Present about 2 ms, which seem a bit to much. When i render the scene without drawing the objects, Present might take 30 ms, can any one help?

EliasAE    158
If you doing a windowed application, present does copy the backbuffer to the primary. In the case of fullscreen the chances are good that it uses page-flipping, which is almost instant. But it will wait for the vertical refresh of the monitor (to avoid tearing). That''s why you have to wait longer when you don''t draw anything. You are so fast with your rendering that you have to wait for the monitor most of the time.

eddiedog    122
I''m not using fullscreen, i''m in window mode, using copy swap effect, and not vsync, so the vertical refresh is not causing this, when i''m minimize the window i get better
results on the present time, but it still seem to be a bit to much (19 ms), i think there is something wrong, but i just can''t find what, did anyone had the some problem?