Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HappyToLearnC

MSC++ Debugging... how?

HappyToLearnC    122
Hi When I set a break point in MSC++, and run the debug mode/run into curser, I get the following MSC++ dialog message. File does not contain debugging information! 1-How could I get over this. 2-Do I nedd to enter all the information in MSC++ menu\edit\breakpoint dialog or just the line at where I want the execution to break. ManyThanks

niyaw    158
are you sure you''re debugging a debug build? release builds by default are not set to generate debug info. are you debugging an exe file written by you, or are you using your dll with someone else''s (i.e. windows) exe file?

HappyToLearnC    122
Thanks for the reply

quote:
are you sure you''re debugging a debug build?

frankly, I do not know what you mean.

quote:
are you debugging an exe file written by you
It is neither an exe file, nor it is writtin by me. I have C++ code file as MSC++ project with collection of common code that I got from Jim Adam''s book chapter 12 nodeTreeMesh.

Can you refer me to where I can read about "a user manual" of MSC++ debug.

Best regards

niyaw    158
quote:
Original post by HappyToLearnC
frankly, I do not know what you mean.

if you go to build->configurations, you should see ''debug'' and ''release''. make sure the active configuration is ''debug''.
quote:
It is neither an exe file, nor it is writtin by me.

well, you have to compile that code into an exe file, don''t you? you should have an exe file.
quote:
Can you refer me to where I can read about "a user manual" of MSC++ debug.

the msvc user''s manual should have a section on debugging. if you don''t have a manual, there''s msdn. and there always is google. or you can try picking up one of the ''visual c++ in %d %s" books, but check that they have a section on debugging first.

HappyToLearnC    122
Thanks much

Yes I am compiling into .exe sorry for "neither"

I think the problem that I do not have authorization being working on win nt network. That is what mentioned in the help of MSC++.

Best regards to you, I will try at home.