• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brad

Suggestions for art program

This topic is 6784 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m looking for a free art program similar to paint shop pro. I really loved the trial version of PSP but unfortunatly it has expired and I don''t currently have the money to buy the retail. Any suggestions I might try?

Advertisement
Check your local CompUSA. Last week, they were selling the ULead and the MicroGrafx image editors for around $20 after rebate. That''s probably the best bang for the buck you''ll find.

The only free image editor I know of that''s as feature rich as PSP is the Win32 Port of GIMP. Unfortunately, it had problems of its own when I tried it out. You can try it out, though, here.

You could download Linux and use Gimp on Linux. If you are nervous about hd partitioning you can use PhatLinux which runs on your Windows partition.

You can get PhatLinux at www.phatlinux.com

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!