is there a program that can allows you to design objects hierarchy?

Started by
6 comments, last by nicho_tedja 21 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, I''m looking for that kind of program that allow me to design my object hierarchy and modify it easily in a tree-like structure; which are base classes, which are derived classes, what are the members, what they do, etc.. I''m tired of doing this on paper. I always end up with a dirty page full of notes, errors & corrections, misplaced lines, etc. I tried to clean them up by rewriting it, but still, everything always change during the development process. So, I end up with another dirty piece of paper full of notes, errors & corrections, etc..etc..etc.. If you know any program that can do the job, please let me know. Otherwise, I have to make it myself. My compiler generates one error message: "does not compile."
My compiler generates one error message: "does not compile."
Advertisement
I think MS Visio does something like that, or maybe you should find out what UML means (someone told me about it and it sounded like a solution to the problem you currently have).
Yes, visio is a good solution here. Also take a look at Rational Rose... but that''s expensive and probably overkill.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
What you are looking for is a UML tool. I started a thread a while back when I was looking for a good one, so give it a read.
hey, thanks guys. I just looked up on amazon.com, $500 for MS-Visio Professional. Wow, that''s too much for me. Anyway, yeah, I read your thread, Michalson, and downloaded several programs people suggested. They are all awesome, just what I need. Thanks again, people.

If you think that 500 USD for Visio are too much, look at the price for rational.

Whasi t is not? 5000 USD? 6000?

This stuff is expensive, because few licenses are sold.

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
RegardsThomas TomiczekTHONA Consulting Ltd.(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
SmartDraw can do almost everything that Visio can, and it's a lot cheaper. Here's a tutorial on making UML diagrams (including class diagrams) with SmartDraw (www.smartdraw.com).

They've also got a free download that you can try.

-- Zeno

[edited by - ZenoGD on October 21, 2002 3:28:17 AM]
We use a product called "Together", which seems to work pretty well, though you need a super machine to run it, because it''s entirely written in java and sucks up mucho resources. I don''t think they have a free version though, so you probably can''t use it anyway.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement