Fake

Started by
3 comments, last by Herr_O 21 years, 5 months ago
Is it possible to fake latency in order to simulate bad connections? Maybe a handy program of some sort. I don''t want to buy a modem -----------------------------
Sometimes a Guru meditation must be followed by a Vulcan neck grip.

Client---->Proxy (port:2030)---->Server (port:2040)

The proxy listens on a port for the client to connect. The proxy basically just forwards any received packets on to the server. Before sending the packets on to the server, the proxy delays the packet forwarding by an amount of time that you specify. This will create "latency"

Hope this helps.
[email=direwolf@digitalfiends.com]Dire Wolf[/email]
www.digitalfiends.com
If you code your network stuff using directplay, the directx SDK comes with a network simulator that can simulate different speeds and packet losses.
If you are doing it with winsock, i''d say your best chance is t do what the guy above said, or look for network simulators or something on google, i''m sure there are probably quite a few around.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
If you code your network stuff using directplay, the directx SDK comes with a network simulator that can simulate different speeds and packet losses.

Im using directplay4, and I have not got the sdk for that version =C only got the dx8 sdk.. does this network simulator exist on dplay4?

[edited by - Herr_O on October 21, 2002 6:42:15 AM]
www.OddGames.comwww.OddGames.com/daniel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement