Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Berserk Errors

This topic is 5534 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Ok I started a program no problems, got about 20% done with it and then suddenly after one of my compiles A huge error pops up so I say ok I have to find it and fix it so I first try to find it by commenting lines out and when I can''t I comment all of the new stuff out and suddenly I realise that the compiler points to older code that used to work so then I rem it out and start eleminateing additions and such and suddenly the program starts haveing errors in the stupidest stops saying that 1-0.2= Invalid Floating point operations. then It just keeps going if you rem this out something else pops in in its place and every thing the program just stops working... If I go and rem one single line then nothing has any problems but that one line is normally the 90% of all of my effort.. why in the world would something like this happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
if the code used to work you might want to copy it all and move it into a new project. Some const value might have been saved or a debugger messed up all your linking or something. It is weird why your floating point isn''t working though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
all errors that aren''t internal compiler errors can be fixed. if error messages are giving you trouble, try simplifying the expressions on which compiler breaks. start with the first error, and always fix the first error listed, rebuild, repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I Tried what you guys said and I finally ended up with nothing work until I found a bad memory error that led me to scan up my class hiearchy until I found that evenually led me to my programs INIT where I discovered that two numbers had been us set and were used as indexes by default they equalled 0 but for some reason after a certain build their default values were out of the range. so I set them to 0 and un commented my other things and BING BONG, the entire thing worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites