• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beantas

Idea

This topic is 5752 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What if we picked a game that most of us have played and pick it apart design-wise bit by bit (sort of like how film people do a scene-by-scene analysis)? Analyze it and try to rationalize the design decisions made? Anyone up for it? I think this will provide some insights, or at least start up some heated discussions. Also, any suggestions as to what game to pick? [edited by - beantas on October 21, 2002 9:46:54 AM]

Advertisement
Sounds cool, I guess we could start off with a small(ish) game that would be easy to do a complete in-depth look at it''s structure?

Great idea!

I, too, suggest we start off with a smaller game...something everyone has playied...Altho I playied Half-Life and many later games, I couldn''t complete them without cheating (shame on me ) especialy Half-Life as the FPS view tends to give me motion sickness

I''d love to talk about NOLF or Half-Life but a smaller game does fit the purpose for now. How about Super Mario Bros? I''m sure everyone has played it and knows it well.

quote:
Original post by superpig
Do you mean a game post-mortem? Because those are usually performed by the people who made the game...

From what I''ve seen of post-mortems in Gamasutra, they focus more on a behind-the-scenes making-of, rather focusing on an analysis of the design that went into a game.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!