• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DevLiquidKnight

Cant seem to find a few forumlas/equation

This topic is 5745 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im trying to find the forumla that can caculate how much a bullet drops while in the air for a certain about of time. Im also trying to find a forumla that can be used to calculate the velocity of a bullet as it travels through space. I also need to find a forumla that calculates the force on an object. I forget these and I know some of them are basic does anyone know? Killer Eagle Software

Advertisement
Hey.
Not 100% sure about this, but I think the one about how much a bullet would fall during x time is:
s=(a*t^2)/2, where s is the distance it has fallen after t seconds. a is the gravity constant, in my area that would man 9.82, slightly less around the equator, slightly more on the north pole(like 9.83 on the north pole i think)... I''m tired, I''m not in school and I don''t have my physics book with me, so I can''t answer the rest, but...

// Eric

s(t)=s0+v0*t+1/2*a*t^2, v(t)=v0+a*t, a(t)=g where s0 is the position at t=0, v0 is the velocity at t=0 and most importantly a is a constant. More generically v(t)=s''(t) and a(t)=v''(t)=s''''(t).

No im using it in the game im making... There are bullets and I wanted to calculate those values so they are correctly shown in the game. I haven't even tooken any physics classes. Yet...

[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on October 21, 2002 5:41:18 PM]

I''ve seen DevLiquidKnight''s other posts, and realized this probably was game-development related. Although he might be looking for an overkill solution.

I do appreciate that folks (such as Vlion) in this forum are always on the lookout for me, to help keep the forum on topic! Its a great help folks!

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!