Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beginer question

This topic is 5532 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i use VB6 to develop a directdraw application. when i use fullscrean and DDSCL_EXCLUSIVE mode , can i pup up a Yes/No dialog box? because when user go to a Exit point in the app ,i need the Yes/no box to comfirm . -- my english is poor >.< thx for answer the question .

Let me translate for you vb6 experts:

I use visual basic 6 to develop some direct draw applications. i was wondering if someone knows how to pop up a dialogue box that confirms the exit of the program. The dialogue box would pop up when the user clicks on an exit button, or the ''x'' button.

To use the popup box you need to cath the WM_CLOSE of the Window you want to confirm a close. In the close message(Form_Close I think, haven''t used VB in like 8 months) there is a parameter boolean Cancel. Set Cancel you true if you like to cancel the shutdown.

And in DX fullscreen/exclusive you can''t show a close window. You have to write your own "Do you really want to close" routine.

Sand Hawk

----------------
-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

My Site