please help, dont understand, PLEASE!! desperate!!

Started by
2 comments, last by rito 21 years, 6 months ago
got a major problem because i dont know whats going on, cant look anything up cause i dont understand. started putting together a very simple 2d tile game. dont really want to post source code as dont want to get flammed. when the program runs i get an error message saying "debug assertion failed" program:...2dtile.exe file:dbgheap.c line:1101 expression:_crtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData) what does this mean if i press abort i get another message: the instruction at "0x696c6bef" referenced memory at "0x4f4243c". the memory could not be "read". click ok to terminate program could you please suggest what could couse it. or if you wouldn''t mind helping me, mail me at richard_rito@hotmail.com and i''ll send you the sourcecode please help me if you can, this is driving me mad!!!! Rito
Advertisement
It''s related to memory management routines; I''ve gotten something similar a bunch when I did something that free() didn''t like, like freeing a pointer and using it anyway.
That means you tried to dereference a pointer that didn''t point to something valid. This could be anything--reading past array bounds, writing past array bounds and corrupting local variables that are poitners, uninitialized pointers, dereferencing deleted memory, etc. Find the line of your code that causes this error to be generated and figure out which pointer doesn''t make sense and why.
yeah, thanx guys, it was to do with the textures not being loaded, and freed correctly, when trying to access them, it went screwy.
thanks
didn''t know what it had to do with
thanks for your help
glad i got that sorted

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement