• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectInput problem with Win98??

This topic is 6514 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When running a game of mine which worked perfectly under Win95, I''ve come across a problem while running on Win98. When using keyboard control I periodicly get a beep from the internal speaker of the PC. It happens very intermittently and it''s almost as though a keyboard buffer is filling up and signalling the user. The game runs as a full screen DirectX app and I never saw (heard) this problem with Win95. Can anyone give me a clue about what might be happening?

Advertisement
I dont get that problem, instead I get another problem, in both Win95 and Win2K when my game goes from my level selection screen to an in-game level, whatever keys ive pressed to get into the level, the key sticks (not physically) and stays down in the game, and vise-versa when I go back into the level selection screen. I have to re-press that key to reset it. The DInput is being read by a multimedia timer, whilst the level navigation (changing the surfaces etc..) is run by the normal app thread (same thread as the message loop).

Why?

• Advertisement