Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

machinehead

Cube Mapping Example

I''m looking for a straightforward example on how to do cube mapping in OpenGL in C or C++. I googled for nearly an hour and found plenty of tutorials, but only for delphi or directx. I have a geforce card, so if the tutorial uses the hardware acceleration that would be even better. If no one knows any tutorials, perhaps someone could give me some pointers on how to implement it? I understand the idea but there is always a gap between theory and application. Thanks!

http://developer.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=Cube_Mapping_Paper

Just because the monkey can pick fruit, does not mean he can climb trees.

~Main

==
Colt "MainRoach" McAnlis
Programmer
www.badheat.com/sinewave

Yeah I had read that, it is very informative, but I was hoping I could find some examples of how it would actually be coded. If not, I can always do it the hard way, but I find it much easier to learn when I have some concrete example to look at.

Use the nv_texgen_reflection texgen mode and create the cubemap with gl_cube_map_ext. If you look up nv_texgen_reflection on google you should find some explanations.

If you want to see an implementation, look at the source to my 4 elements contest entry. It's number 42 in the list on the contest view/download page. There's quite a lot of source there, but if you search for glTexGen or the extension names, you should be able to find the relevant bits.

[edited by - benjamin bunny on October 22, 2002 10:34:30 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
That link i gave actually has the source code to the project they talk about.. If that''s not enough implimentation for you, i''m not sure what you''re looking for.

~Main