Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3DS File to D3D Coordinate System

This topic is 5532 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

OK, so I''ve read in a 3ds file into my Direct3D app, that was the easy part. Now, I''ve taken these things into consideration: -The V component of the texture coordinate''s must be inverted for D3D (since D3D starts at the top left versus bottom left). -The y axis needs to be switched with the z axis (if I want my scene to look how it did in 3ds max). OK, am I missing something??? The problem is that my model is inverted on the x axis (I believe). So in other words if a character had a scar on the left side of his face, it''s now on the right side. So the problem is a vertex one I''ve determined (it''s not just textures that are mixed up), but I am having difficulty swapping over the verts so the "scar" or whatever is on the right side. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this (hopefully through experience)? Does this have to do with D3D having a left handed versus right handed coordinate system???? How do I convert!? Thanks! "Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none." - Shakespeare Dirge - Aurelio Reis www.CodeFortress.com Current Causes: Nissan sues Nissan