Music

Started by
10 comments, last by Matt Calabrese 21 years, 5 months ago
http://music.rasek.biz/mp3/Matthew%20Calabrese%20-%20Waltz%20of%20the%20Knightwolf.mp3 Download, Comment, Critisize! It''s really short -- I may or may not add to it depending on whether or not I have the time. Actually, it''s only about 20 seconds long.
Advertisement
mm... I can''t download the file pasting the link into my browser....

---
www.gamenoise.com
Music (and sfx) for gamers, by a gamer!
---www.gamenoise.comaudio for games
weird, it works here...
try this
________________________________________Kloonigames Blog - Monthly Experimental Games
I liked it.
--Muzlack
Thanks, I was beginning to wonder if anyone would respond
Sounds nice, would make a great background theme for some castle you were wandering about.

[edited by - Coder42 on October 24, 2002 1:06:51 PM]
*c++ = true;
Sounds good. Good use of dynamics.

Watch your fiddle writing. A few of the notes seem out of place.

Interesting use of silence.

You have enough material there to make it into a three or four minute piece just by splicing together what you''ve got.

Keep at it.

Devin Maxwell
Thanks, I put a fair amount of time in the dynamics and you're the only person to even mention it. I'm thinking about going back and making them a bit more exagerated.

I don't think there're any out of place notes in the strings... After I compose any music, I go back and check all of my chords, just in case. Nothing should be out of place in that song.

I could make it 3 minutes by splicing what I have like you said, but it's a matter of should I. One of the rules I make for myself when composing game music is that it should be at least 1:20 without any repeat. The person should be able to listen through the whole song once through without listening to the same section twice. The reason for this is that most of the time, the songs are meant to be looped many times anyways, so I like to keep no repeat within the segment at all. Just seems to work out for the best that way.

Here's one of my other pieces that uses that concept (though this song isn't even meant to be repeated). I posted it earlier this year as well. Once the song leaves a section, it never goes back to it (so there is no repetition of sections, unless you consider the first section as having 2 subsections, in which case you might say it repeats once). It's a pretty good example of what I do with most of my songs. I think it helps keep the listener interested throughout the whole song and give it more of a continuous flow.

http://music.rasek.biz/mp3/Matthew%20Calabrese%20-%20Pass%20Me%20a%20Drink.mp3

[edited by - Matt Calabrese on October 24, 2002 4:04:55 PM]
Hello Matt,

Nice work, I have 2 questions for you though. What software did you use to create those wonderful pieces and do you live in connecticut? If you like you can contact me by email.

Thanks

PaulJ

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement