indoor quadtree...

Started by
0 comments, last by elis-cool 21 years, 5 months ago
ok ok, calm down! its not actually really an indoor quadtree! What im wanting to do, is for my game (im designing it now, and working through problems such as this), its going to be from a more iso view (ie cant see sky or anything) and so im going to use a quadtree for the terrain, and I want to be able have it ''flow'' from outdoors (like hilly etc terrian) into say a building, but now im wondering how im going to render it, because the building would be loaded from a heightmap (so I can easily make/have like straight lines for for walls, with desks and stuff being small models), the indoor terrian would require that the walls be flat (for lighting I mean) so would need to be rendered as a triangle list for all the normals to be correct, but then how would I do the terrain? would I also have to render that as a triangle list and not a tri strip or tri fan? is this a bad thing? comments? PS. im using D3D if that matters...
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]
Advertisement
OH COME ON!! no replys?!!?11 geez... oh well it doesnt matter now anyway, I decided to go a different way...
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement