The Official Radeon Ad Thread

Started by
553 comments, last by Myopic Rhino 20 years, 4 months ago
I don''t even know what you guys are talking about I don''t know where this ad is supposed to be but I guess Opera kills it dead ....
quote:Recently I''ve been looking into buying a new vcard n this december or whnever the new cards come out by nvidia i was going to buy a gforce2 but after seeing those ads it''s made me reconsider back and forth between the two.
See now, the first thing I would do is post and ask "What''s the best card?" Ads be damned ....

Chris Barry (crbarry at mts.net)
My Personal Programming Depot

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

Advertisement
I was going to voice my opinion... but then I realized... I don''t have one

- Jay

[ Here, taste this ]
Quit screwin' around! - Brock Samson
It could be worse...There could be SOUND in the ad! Nothing annoys me more than having some stupid flash ad pop up with some annoying, ultra-low quality sound effect playing. This is mainly due to the fact that my computer is constantly running winamp and is connected to my stereo system, which occaisionaly finds itself at very high decibel levels.
As long as GameDev leaves sound out of the ads, I''ll survive.
My software firewall (BlackIce) sees that ad as an HTTP attack...
If I were a member of the GDNEt staff I would get back to ATI on the complaints issue about the ad. Since now you have proof of your point on how disliked it is. Maybe they would see things differently then. If not then it is not listening to the flood of complaints given to you. I have full understanding for the need of money for a site like this and I am not asking you to remove the ad, I am asking you to ask ATI to at least change it.
I think Eurogamer are doing this sponsorship thing the right way, basically they re-skin the site every now and then, with their sponsors theme, the design is usually good so it''s not intrusive nor time wasting in the way a layered Flash banner is and their sponsor gets very good exposure.

http://www.eurogamer.net/
I think it could be funny to make a Survey in the home page, something like this:

Do you think the Radeon''s ad is annoying?

- Yes it''s a pain in the ass!
- Yes I hate it!
- Yes I had to turn off activex on my browser
- Yes but I use mozilla so I never saw it
- Yes but it pay the bills, or so I was told.
- Yes but I don''t care
- TAKE IT OUT!!!!!

hehe

MADe WITH NO LIMITS IN MIND
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
I fear the results if I try to browse GDnet on my laptop with that ad on. I''m guessing it would take at least a minute to render.
the amount of complaints coming in isn''t even a dent on the hits that come to GDNet probably. Everyone saying this is such a horrible thing is a minority. And why boycott ATI just for taking advantage of one of the newest internet advertising technologys. Commercials are everywhere. If there is a way found to put a commercial somewhere.. its going there. We can''t do anything about it, so accept it. ATI still makes an awesome product (blows the market AWAY) so why boycott it just based on the fact you don''t like to hear about it?

"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
I can''t wait to pay !!! Damn ads.

I don''t think you have to shut down access for non-members. All you need to do is to put some sort of symbol next to the names of members. This will make them feel ELITE, and they will gladly pay.
I don''t need anything to pay. Just make it VERY easy to pay using my VISA and I will donate something every month (no paypal please).
-------------Ban KalvinB !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement