• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eudaemon69

Using Boost and VC++ 6.0

This topic is 5750 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I''m having a problem and know its probably related to my includes in VC++. I''m trying to use the Boost shared_ptr but when I include it into my program I get all kinds of errors like this : Compiling... AbstractComponent.cpp e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\config\suffix.hpp(256) : error C2995: ''min'' : template function has already been defined e:\programming projects\c++ projects\drydock\drydock\stl\stl_algobase.h(106) : see declaration of ''min'' e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\config\suffix.hpp(260) : error C2995: ''max'' : template function has already been defined e:\programming projects\c++ projects\drydock\drydock\stl\stl_algobase.h(112) : see declaration of ''max'' e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\checked_delete.hpp(24) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier ''T'' e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\checked_delete.hpp(24) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier ''T'' e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\checked_delete.hpp(30) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier ''T'' e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\checked_delete.hpp(30) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier ''T'' e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\detail\shared_count.hpp(213) : error C2504: ''counted_base'' : base class undefined e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\detail\shared_count.hpp(235) : see reference to class template instantiation ''detail::counted_base_impl'' being compiled e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\detail\shared_count.hpp(296) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier ''Y'' e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\detail\shared_count.hpp(297) : error C2065: ''Y'' : undeclared identifier e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\detail\shared_count.hpp(438) : fatal error C1506: unrecoverable block scoping error AbstractCoupler.cpp DamageCoupler.cpp DamagePacket.cpp DryDock.cpp e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\config\suffix.hpp(256) : error C2995: ''min'' : template function has already been defined e:\programming projects\c++ projects\drydock\drydock\stl\stl_algobase.h(106) : see declaration of ''min'' e:\programming projects\c++ projects\boost_1_29_0\boost\config\suffix.hpp(260) : error C2995: ''max'' : template function has already been defined I am also using the SGI implementation of the STL. I''ve tried including the STL first and then the Boost libraries but as you can see I keep getting errors. I''ve tried moving the Boost include around but still get errors no matter where its at. I thought Boost was in its own namespace and wouldn''t conflict but I guess I was wrong. I would have put this post somewhere else but it is mainly a newb type of question. Has anyone been able to use there (SGI STL and Boost) together in VC++, what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!