Engine compilation.. (or something to that effect)

Started by
6 comments, last by Fuzztrek 21 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I have been busy programming a game engine over the past month. It can''t do that much at the moment, but it''s continually evolving. However, so far I have about 25+ files (header and source). I use VC++, and the only way I have been able to get the intellisense thing to work is to include ALL of those files into my project. This is really a pain, and I was wondering if there is an easier way to do it. I have lots of classes (i split up my classes one per file), so I would like to avoid adding all the class descriptions to one big file. I was wondering if I could create, say, a DLL or something, so that I could include all of my files and still get intellisense to work. I have organized my files neatly into folders so it is not that hard to add them to my project, but they still take up a lot of room in VC++ (and yes, I organize them into folders in vc++ too.) Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance! Fuzztrek ¬_¬
Advertisement
Intellisense is broken. Get Visual Assist from Whole Tomato.
hate to sound cheap..but is there another way? or is VS.NET better?

¬_¬
Yes, vs.net is much better.

The real question is this: Is Intellisense worth $70-$80 (or whatever Visual Assist is), or is it worth the several hundred or more dollars for visual studio .net ?
daerid@gmail.com
Send one of your friends to get hired at Microsoft, and tell him to send you a discounted ($20) version of VC++.NET to you!
quote:Original post by Nypyren
Send one of your friends to get hired at Microsoft, and tell him to send you a discounted ($20) version of VC++.NET to you!

Nice friend you are!

And to the original post, yes, make DLL''s if its a windows only engine.
Domine non secundum peccata nostra facias nobis
Alright! thanks so much! I actually just got VS.NET yesterday :D

¬_¬
VS.net''s Intellisense isn''t much better than what was in VC 6. Visual Assist is much more useful IMHO.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement