Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simple terrain creation for begginer

This topic is 5531 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi people I know this is a common topic, but I cannot find where to start. I want to create a simple terrain, a sea floor like the one in the d3d8.1 dolphin sample, which is an .x file, but in my case I want to generate it randomly in height (it should be a square). I''ve been trying to understand some code samples from www.andypike.com but I am a newbie and I cannot figure out how it completely works so, does anyone know about a good tutorial on how to make this (I saw it used indexed triangle lists but couldn''t figure out how it found the shared vertices)... I would appreciate your help on this... No matter where you go... &this

quote:
Original post by DerMeister
Hi people I know this is a common topic, but I cannot find where to start. I want to create a simple terrain, a sea floor like the one in the d3d8.1 dolphin sample, which is an .x file, but in my case I want to generate it randomly in height (it should be a square). I''ve been trying to understand some code samples from www.andypike.com but I am a newbie and I cannot figure out how it completely works so, does anyone know about a good tutorial on how to make this (I saw it used indexed triangle lists but couldn''t figure out how it found the shared vertices)... I would appreciate your help on this...

No matter where you go... &this

Try www.vterrain.org

Look for implementations of terrain rendering, and download the LSCAPE source and exe. That should give you a good start.