Software Resources

Started by
0 comments, last by Northchild 21 years, 5 months ago
Hi all, I''m new at math. This semester, I''m taking a college algebra course to work on some basic stuff and I''m hoping to be taking Calculus within a year or so. Right now, I''m doing everything with pencil and paper, which is fine and I will continue to learn this way. I was wondering what sort of software that people in a math-intensive profession used to figure out math problems, (when you''re not writing your own algorithms). I''m hoping to find something that has lots of formulas listed and explained, and that can act as a calculator for the kinds of problems that you''d find in textbooks. I''ve looked at Mathematica by Wolfram and am thinking about buying a student version of that. Will that serve me fairly well while in college? Will it help me in a couple of years when I start learning about math for game programming? Thanks in advance,
Advertisement
Matlab is also a good tool
"...and we all know what "undefined" means: it means it works during development, it works during testing, and it blows up in your most important customers' faces."----------Scott Meyers, "Effective C++"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement