Game Story

Started by
9 comments, last by Gameplayer 21 years, 5 months ago
Is there anyone who can help me with my game. The inital game idea is you are a man, this is verry detailed as you can see, who walks round arieas trying to kill a ''target'' this will be using a 8 directional scrolling method. It is only an idea, and iv''e only just started programming, so it probably wont happen for a while. Dous anyone have any ideas/changes to make it better, any suddjestions are welcome, and appritiated
You should listen to me, im 'Special'.Or so my physiatrist said.
Advertisement
Umm... You might want to develop that idea a bit more. Right now it sounds like what''s going on in Virginia. Try to come up with a reason for what''s happening, and define who''s "good" and "bad".

Telstar
Lol, this is a story?

a bit like ''hitman 2'', but 2d, think final fantasy world map sort of movement.
Now there''s an idea! A game about what''s happening in Virgina. The hints can be in the form of news bulletins that you can watch to know where the Feds are looking for you! And you can wear ''disguises'' like Berets, Sunglasses and Tea Towels!!! YEAH!

Seriously though... if this is one of your first projects (and it sounds like it is), I''d be keeping it at the "you go around shooting things" stage until that is implemented. So long as you''ve been writing good clean code you should be able to use the engine code you''ve developed for graphics and game logic and wrap a more complex idea around it.

http://www.deakin.edu.au/~bradleyj/unsanity/
http://www.deakin.edu.au/~bradleyj/unsanity/
I am, ive only just started programming, an a mean ONLY JUST.
i just wanted to know what people thaught of it, any extra ideas, ECT...
The idea of a man walking around shooting is not very complex

If you look at Quake they are using that idea, but Unreal Tournament also. And SOF also but in a really different way..

What kind of game is it going to be? When have you won the game? What do you need to do to reach that point? Which persons are you going to meet?

Every first- and third-person shooter, every arcade gun-slinging game, and most top-down and side-scrolling shooters fit into the category you''ve described, although I don''t quite know what you mean about the 8-directional target. But what you''ve described is a category of games comprising about 30% of all the games ever made -- you''re a long way off yet from a Game Idea, and you have to hit that mark before you can even begin to think about developing a Game Story. You really need to put some creative thinking muscle to the task for a while before you start asking other people to come up with ideas for you. I''m not trying to be critical in saying that, I''m just making an observation.

Brian Lacy
Smoking Monkey Studios

Comments? Questions? Curious?
brian@smoking-monkey.org

"I create. Therefore I am."
---------------------------Brian Lacy"I create. Therefore I am."
its, so far, more of an idea for a beginner to program.
You control a character, who can move in 8 directions, plus jumping up and down, as well as climbing up things.
What you have to do depends on the ''mission'' your sent on, somtimes you must kill a target, somtimes find an item.
As i have said before this is only a rough idea, when i think up some more stuf ill tell you.

ANY IDEAS WELCOME!
Take MindHives advice. First code the basic engine where ''a guy walks around shooting stuff''. When that is done implementing a story simply becomes a matter of drawing and positioning the right characters.
---------------------------------------------------There are two things he who seeks wisdom must understand...Love... and Wudan!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement