• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PR Screensaver?

This topic is 6517 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone have any details on how to write a screensaver using PR? SOurce code would be much better I remember a while ago Chris released a demo PR screensaver, but can''t find it any more. I can''t remember whether this had source with it. Any help most appreciated! --------------------------------- Tarique Naseem Technical Director Maelstrom Virtual Productions Ltd. http://www.maelstrom.com

Advertisement
It is quite possible to create screensavers with power render , the screen saver code is not actual PR code.

Basically, you have to tell windows to close your screensaver if the mouse is moved. also you have to change your screensaver name from .exe to .scr (no prob there!) then save it to the windows directory

Basically if you
1. -create a looping animation
2. -make this animation stop and exit if a mouse is moved, button is pressed.
3. -rename it as an screensaver .scr file
4. move the screensaver (and needed files) to \windows or \windows\system.

5. (very important!) I almost forgot, you must kill any new screensaver instances if one is already active. this is a win32 coding trick.

You have a screensaver! easy enough isn''t?

However there are lots of things to add like:
a screensaver icon, a preview presentation a configuration dialog, etc.

I have specific information for that, I can send it to you by mail if you wish.

on the meantime you can go to metacrawler, yahoo or your favorite search system, and look for "screensaver programming" remember any windows screensaver code will work, remember screensaver programming has a lot to do with Win32 programming and almost nothing to do with PR.

I hope that helps!

Many thanks for the info Azrael.

My wording in my previous mail was a bit vague and misleading!

I can write screensavers, but I was mainly concerned with whether there was anything to watch out for with PR as a screensaver - Any pitfalls, etc.

But if it''s as easy as that, then that''s great!

---------------------------------
Tarique Naseem
Technical Director
Maelstrom Virtual Productions Ltd.
http://www.maelstrom.com

• Advertisement