• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Direct3D basics (simple/detailed explanation?)

This topic is 6605 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hiya to whoever reads this I''d like to learn the basics of direct3D but can''t find any usefull/good articles on www anyone outthere know any tutorials on the basics how to start up direct3D and most importantly explaning what all the initializations do, ''cause none of the tutorials I found on the web explain that I can copy/paste but I''d like to know what everything does already know directdraw stuff so if anyonw can point me to a (bunch) of good tutorials or is willing to explain/tell me something thanks Christiaan Christiaanprins@hotmail.com

Advertisement
www.direct3d.net is a good place to start. Also try www.directxfaq.com, and specifically the D3D/IM specifics section - their simplest D3D IM app may get you started if you just want to see something working And of course, check the articles here and on Flipcode. And if you can''t understand something the first time through, don''t give up - bookmark it and come back later.

I found that following the D3D IM tutorials on the DX7 documentation was not that hard, some parts you have to check on the source that you can find in the samples directory of the SDK, but after you''ve done the first tutorial, the second one gets easier and so on.

You could try doing that also.

later!

Luis Sempe
visual@guate.net
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6276

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!