• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonehackingcoder

OpenGL opengl with gcc

This topic is 6158 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello!! I''m just getting started with opnegl programming and have just designed my first hello world program (using glut). I''ve just mannaged to compile it under linux using gcc -o hello hello.c -lGL -lGLU -lglut Is it possible to compile it like that under windows as well or do i need some kind of ide like visualC++?? Any help would be apreciated.

Advertisement
You can still compile on command line in Windows, but the command line looks different for the different compilers. (Personally I just use a Makefile to handle the mess.) Anyway, if you say which compiler you plan to use, it might help.

How about with DJGPP?
I''ve tried to get OpenGL/GLUT to work with it, but without succes.....

Thanks!
-Sage

Bit late but for those that are searching for answers like me ill fill this in...

DJGPP is the dos port of gcc and ive been told that itll work.

Mingw is te windows port of gcc and it dose work with opengl... but i dont know what else youll need sorry. Get Dev-C++ from http://www.bloodshed.net its an IDE+mingw package(not very good one... but comes with all needed to do opengl programing on windows... kinda).

Hope that helps other ppl

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!