• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paq man

HELP!!!

This topic is 6695 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have the djpp c++ compiler and when i get into the coding screen it doesn''t have a save button,also it won''t let me goto a previous line,and it sucks because i don''t if it''s my fault or not.did i do something wrong for it to do this?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
trust me, when using DJGPP you need to get rhide. its the best IDE for DJGPP you can get. of course if you are too lazy to find and download it (like i was) then any IDE program that can save text will work. for examble, using DOS''s EDIT program will work, but when you save, save as whateveryouwantittobecalled.c or *.cc so that djgpp wont give you an error. then you exit and goto the directory you saved the .c or .cc file in. use the command: gcc filename.c -o executablename.exe and it should come out executablename.exe.

where can i find a rhide program or better yet is there a site that let''s you download everything you need to program in one download instead of downloading multiple files?

You can get RHIDE at www.delorie.com, probably where you got DJGPP. I don''t think there is a whole file that includes everything, instead of multiple files. Some people don''t feel like downloading things that they''ll never use.

Martin

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!