• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gluLookAt problems

This topic is 6482 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello world, this site is great, Nehe rules!!! Now the problems..... I draw a cube into the DrawGLScene like this glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT / GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); glTranslatef(0.0f,0.0f,-5.0f); glRotatef(yrot,0.0f,1.0f,0.0f); //draw the cube ....... ....... and all is ok. Now I want to implement camera movements trought the gluLookAt function like this glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT / GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); gluLookAt(eye.x, eye.y, eye.z, 0.0f, 0.0f, 100.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); glTranslatef(0.0f,0.0f,-5.0f); glRotatef(yrot,0.0f,1.0f,0.0f); //draw the cube ....... ....... Where eye.x,eye.y,eye.z are initialized at 0.0f But I can''t see the cube...... why ? I mean, it is exaclty 5 units BEHIND and not IN FRONT of me! If use change the instruction glTranslatef(0.0f,0.0f,-5.0f); with glTranslatef(0.0f,0.0f,5.0f); now I am able to see it. WHY ?!?!??! Please, somebody help me Thanks in advance Magallo tripuno@tiscalinet.it

Advertisement
Without using gluLookAt() you look in the direction of the negative Z axis. With your gluLookAt() call you look in the direction of the positive Z axis.

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA

I posted a similar question to yours about 7 days ago:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=11720&forum_id=27&Topic_Title=lookat%28%29+my+sad+math+skills&forum_title=NeHe+Productions&M=False&S=True

It has some very detailed descriptions to WHY it disappears.

• Advertisement