Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Newbie

a very simple newbie question

Absolutely,

If I understand you correctly...

if(!done)
{
for( x = 0, y = 0; y < SCREEN_HEIGHT && x < SCREEN_WIDTH ; x++, y++)
printf("stuff...");
}

and

for( i = 0 ; i != SCREENSIZE * SPRITELOCATION ; i++ )
{
if( sprite->location.x == HITWALL )
printf("Bounce");
}

or something. All the above code does nothing. It''s purely theoretical; but, the syntax is correct even if it''s not logical.

in c++ is it possible to nest a leep inside and if then statment, or vise versa? If so, is there a certain place I would need to place it, or a certain method, or what?

?? i don't think I'm the only one that finds your post confusing.

I'll try to reword the question to what I think you're trying to say: In C++ is it possible to next a loop inside an if statement, or vise versa? If so, is there a certain place I would need to place it, or a certain method, or what?

First of all, from your original post I'll take it you program in visual basic, because if then is is VB, not in C++

C++ uses if (condition), VB uses If condition Then.

yes you can nest loops inside if statements and vice versa. Read some C++ tuts to find out where to place it.

Good luck

edit: Grammar

[edited by - ThomasSauder on October 31, 2002 2:46:23 PM]

ack, I was trying to drink something while typing. Is it possible to nest a *loop* inside an if else statement, and vise versa. Sorry about that. And actiually I am learning c++, I said if then by habbit from back when I programmed using a mac game creation program called World Builder.

[edited by - king newbie on October 31, 2002 2:50:03 PM]

No problem

The answer is yes.
I'll give you a simplified version, the other example given to you is, well over exaggerated for an example, and I personally think he's trying to show off

while (test!=result)
{
if (test>result)
{
std::cout << "too high" std::endl;
} else {
std::cout << "too low" std::endl;
}
}
std::cout << "Congradulations, it is equal to the number" std::endl;

that's the if else statement inside of a loop.
Now for the opposite

if (test!=result)
{
while (test>result && result>test)
{
std::cout << "Wrong number!" std::endl;
}
} else {
std::cout << "Right! They are equal!" std::endl;
}

edit: Stupid coding mistake

[edited by - ThomasSauder on October 31, 2002 3:00:13 PM]

quote:
Original post by King Newbie
ack, I was trying to drink something while typing. Is it possible to nest a *loop* inside an if else statement, and vise versa. Sorry about that. And actiually I am learning c++, I said if then by habbit from back when I programmed using a mac game creation program called World Builder.

Are you looking to use the ''loop'' command? If so, there is no ''loop'' command in C/C++ although you can loop via do-while, while, for, and a few myriad, creative other ways.

- Advice, eh? Well, besides working on your swing...you know, besides that...I''d have to think.