Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bratsj

Vertex blending

Do we really need to learn about programmable vertex shaders to do some simple vertex blending ? I set up two world matrices and tried this (abridged for your convinience): 1. D3DRS_INDEXEDVERTEXBLENDENABLE = YES 2. D3DRS_VERTEXBLEND = 1_WEIGHTS 3. SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLDMATRIX(0),&matrix1); SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLDMATRIX(1),&matrix2); 4. Render something Funny! My engine is running as hell, but nothing is drawn. Am I missing some simple point here, or do I need the (very much feared) vertex shader ? By the way, my FVF looks like this: #define VFLAGS D3DFVF_XYZB|D3DFVF_NORMAL|D3DFVF_DIFFUSE|D3DFVF_TEX1 myvertex: float x,y,z; float normal[3]; float blend_weight; /set to .5 for test purpose DWORD diffuse_color; float u,v; My penultimate goal is to round the edges of my cubes Thank you in advance :-)

On a side note I hope you are not trying to "round" the cube of 12 triangles because that won''t really work well. Although, there is a sample demo in DX SDK covering this. It''s the animated M$ chick I am pretty sure it uses vertex weight''s and things, but I dont have SDK on this machine so I can''t check.

-------
Homepage: http://students.washington.edu/andrey