Look Moderators/Members! New Search Engine!!

Started by
4 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 21 years, 5 months ago
Well I found something that would help beginners and maybe other people search better for subject commonly asked. If anyone already knew this, forgive me I just found out 2 days ago. [subject] site:www.gamedev.net; type this in google.com this will send you to forums and/or page that are usually asked by seemingly anyone. for example collision detection site:www.gamedev.net this will take you to ones of tens of article (lol) that involve this subject. when i find out how to search through the forums. i'll edit this and add it. if someone else finds it, then they can post it. hope this is helpful. edit: had to add important part. [edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on October 31, 2002 6:02:07 PM] [edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on October 31, 2002 8:05:15 PM]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
I''d never thought of that. I tried it and it worked great! This is an excellent alternative to the broken-down search engine on this site.
quote:
when i find out how to search through the forums. i''ll edit this and add it. if someone else finds it, then they can post it.

You can''t. The forums aren''t indexed by Google (on purpose, btw).
OK.

well at least someone found my discovery useful

i''m learning about linked lists..... bleh.
hard to visualize... even harder to implement, when i get home.

anyway, Lee glad i made your "search" easier!

p.s. this is why AP posting should stay. i''m in class and don''t have time for the whole login process.

--Alpha
ehm.. click on "articles and resources"
see the search box there? its the exact same thing you just
posted.

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

Do NOT let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor!

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
Oops...

well at least more people will know

i guess now there are two ways!

i tried oh well...

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement