Creating Skybox in DirectX

Started by
1 comment, last by nachilau 21 years, 5 months ago
Hello, Can anyone told me how to create a Skybox in DirectX. I have follow the billboarding example in the DirectX SDK and build load its skybox mesh . I follow the instruction to disable the zbuffer before render the skybox and turn on the zbuffer after. However, this method doesn''t really work. When my 3D world is bigger than the Skybox, I can actually see the skybox is in the middle of the world. Do you guys know where can I can get more information about creating the skybox or donwload some different skyboxs on the web? Thanks! Nachi
Nachi Lau (In Christ, I never die)www.sky-dio.com/Nachi
Advertisement
you can draw the skybox before drawing other geometry, in which case the skybox can be of any size. the drawback is that you''ll be refilling many pixels on screen unnecessarily. if you want to render skybox last, you need to size it so that it''s bigger than your game world.
I was having problems with that too - what i did was i created a massive box and textured the sides - then i set it every frame to the same position as the camera. I never knew anything about switching off Z buffering - is there anything slower about the way i'm doing it?

[edited by - Cuchulainn on November 2, 2002 12:18:35 PM]
You'll Never Beat The Irish!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement