RSA public key encryption

Started by
14 comments, last by AndyTang 21 years, 5 months ago
The largest number, in decimals, that a 1024 bit number can be, is 21024. I'll leave calculating that up to you, because it's pretty ridiculously huge.

[EDIT: I see that while I was away but before I hit the "Submit" button, a whole lot of other people said the same thing!]

[edited by - TerranFury on November 1, 2002 7:45:11 PM]
Advertisement
http://www.cs.washington.edu/education/courses/cse321/CurrentQtr/slides/rsa.pdf

That pdf file may be helpful, as it describes RSA encryption and decryption, in addition to more efficient methods of calculating a^b mod n.

quote:Original post by jediknight219
All right, I wanted to make sure that was what you were doing before I told you something you already knew.

And it never uses any numbers bigger than n^2.

[edited by - jediknight219 on November 1, 2002 6:17:46 PM]

Thanks for that, that''s quite clever. Did you by chance tol a maths degree or did you had to do research for this. This is good stuff thankx
quote:Original post by TerranFury
The largest number, in decimals, that a 1024 bit number can be, is 21024. I''ll leave calculating that up to you, because it''s pretty ridiculously huge.

Actually it''s 21024-1
// Ryan
quote:Original post by AndyTang
Thanks for that, that's quite clever. Did you by chance tol a maths degree or did you had to do research for this. This is good stuff thankx

Computer Science degree. That little tidbit came from a lecture in a Cryptography class. I'm kind of surprised I remembered it.

[edited by - jediknight219 on November 1, 2002 8:51:45 PM]
Aaargh! Everyone save your workspaces before your program locks up your computer!
quote:Original post by jediknight219
Original post by AndyTang
Thanks for that, that''s quite clever. Did you by chance tol a maths degree or did you had to do research for this. This is good stuff thankx

Computer Science degree. That little tidbit came from a lecture in a Cryptography class. I''m kind of surprised I remembered it.

[edited by - jediknight219 on November 1, 2002 8:51:45 PM]

I never learnt that in my Crptography class, or maybe I just werent awake for it

Anyway, I had a look at the Cryto website and it keeps mentioning things like ''potentially unsafe'' - what does this mean, how unsafe can it be and in what way.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement