inspiration needed on network problem

Started by
2 comments, last by kindfluffysteve 21 years, 5 months ago
I have written a race car demo. I''m fairly proud of it. I''ve been trying to get a job in the game industry for years and have sent it off to a good number of companies. any interview I''ve had, have said that the demo doesnt work! the pattern seems to be this. Its okay on windows98/ME but not on windows2000 professional that they all seem to be using. My demo uses a wrapper class, on inspection, winsock is the only thing used. so does anybody have any suggestions on what the fault might be? the only thing i can think of right now is that, could these companies Not have windsock.dll in their system?? that would seem incredibly strange.
Advertisement
Fix your program to be more descriptive in it''s error reporting, and have a friend or on-line associate help you test it.

If you''re trying to land a job with this thing, the least you can do is be more thorough in testing it. If it fails on Win2K, it may likely fail just as well on Windows XP.
"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse."
i''d be more than happy to test it for you.
zygote, www.digitalsentience.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ the demo right at the bottom.

oh, errr, i ran it on my sisters laptop which is running XP.

its not particularly good, with a crude interface, but its workable.

[edited by - kindfluffysteve on November 1, 2002 3:22:32 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement