Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DanielH

Octree in delphi

I need a example code for a octree in delphi. Ive read the example codes at gametutorials.com but i just dont understand.... So i hope there is some delphi code i can read and maybe understand better

I''ve converted two out of the three Octree tutorials (still got to test the 3ds loader for the final one, though...). I''ll bung the second one up onto my site later tonight. Expect another post here in a few hours.

Right, that''s version 0.0000001 of the conversion uploaded. Grab it over here (201K). It''s probably got one or two bugs because I''ve not checked it thoroughly... I know that I''ve managed to fux0r up the full-screen mode somehow .

Things to note:

• You need the DX headers. I used DXInput, so you have to get the headers from here and bung em in the library path

• The main code is in Octree.pas and PlayingGameState.pas.

• Just about everything else is wrapper stuff - it''s safe to gloss over it. You might be interested in the camera and frustum files, though.

If you can''t get it working then give me a shout. I''ll upload a proof-read conversion sometime over the weekend.