Halloween contest results?

Started by
6 comments, last by Clancy 21 years, 5 months ago
So what does everyone one think? I think best entry I have seen is by Sebastian Fischer, & Dominik Scholz. The other ones either crashed (well, it hung demo by mark turner), or very boring. Not much of a choice this year it seems.
Advertisement
I''d probably agree there.. although the ending to Sebastian & Dominik''s demo seemed very rushed. pity, since the thre rest was leading up to a really, well, killer ending. kindof let me down a bit.

probably out of all the demos, only a good 5 actually worked on my machine. which is very, very dissapointing. I can''t help get the feeling a lot of people just tried to pile downloaded code and models together, and because of that everything went to slush... One demo forced me to reboot, after slamming me down to 640x480 in 16 colours, unable to change back again, which is quite simply insane... And left a very bitter taste in my mouth...

Otherwise, of what did work, the standard over last year has improved considerably
I have to agree with you clancy.

Allthough all demos ran most where pretty booring, and some could be replicated by just modifying some of the tuturials.

hope they make a updated version of Sebastian Fischer, & Dominik Scholz demo, by adding some (dramatic)shadows and a little more fx(not to mention longer running time), then it would be fit to enter next years compo again.
Hey guys, I hope my demo doesn''t fall under that category?

if so, I''d really appreciate some input... Before this thing I was still pretty much playing around with rotating cubes so I take it as a learning experience...

Mine''s the one with the zombies and the rednecks.

Tell me why you didn''t like it or if it crashed what error message...I''d like to learn something here
MSN: stupidbackup@hotmail.com (not actual e-mail)ICQ: 26469254(my site)
Well your models and animations could improve a tad but it was alright for a beginner, im'' think im'' gonna start now with next years compo just to be able to compete with you guys then.
Some nice demos... But a quite few of them just crash... I''ll have to take a look at the sourcecode ot see that crashed them. Congratz to Sebastian Fischer and Dominik Scholz! You''ve earned it. Well, see you all at next contest.

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
The demos weren''t as good on the whole this time, but we all know it takes a ton of effort to create these things. Can''t just slap them together. Not if you''re learning as you go.

I think that the winner is deserving.

But, I''ll give honorable mention to Michael Hanslick. His required quite a bit of imagination.

The scenery in Christiaan Visser''s was great. The music didn''t play on my machine, however.

I looked at them all and all of them had excellent elements and flaws.

quote:
Hey guys, I hope my demo doesn''t fall under that category?

Excellent for your first go around. I haven''t done one myself, so I have no room to criticize.

Oh yes, the red neck one. I didn''t see him having a red neck!

Wasn''t that bad, your in the top 3.

The one that left the screen in 640x480.. grrr yeah, lucky I have powerstrip, and a hotkey to refix the resolution back to normal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement