Need an Idea

Started by
5 comments, last by PaladinAero 21 years, 5 months ago
Ive been writting a storyline for an RPG/strat game for awhile and i now am needing some help with the development of the plot and things that could be done...(Like side Quests). This game deals primaraly with midieval time period with lots of fantasy added. So if anyone could help give me some ideas, id greatly appreciate that. Thanks Hopeless Romantic Aero
Hopeless Romantic Aero
Advertisement
It depends of what sort of story you want to develop.

For example, if it's in a medieval/fantasy time, are we in a world where the war destructs all or are we in a apogee of the society ?

In the rts game where i work, we have make a story with a modern roman empire in 2050 after a wold nuclear war. Javelin are now high-tech assault-riffles, there are new kingdoms, a renaissance of the old concepts, a new think of the society, conflicts and humanity. There are too, devils, orcs, news vehicules, meteors with energy so we can make all what we want because we have a concept who allowe (not sure that it is the good word) to do our "middle-earth" ;-) but in a plausable future of the world.

For your story, i advice for exemple a world with too societies, two kingdoms, it shoul have a high character (a general, a soldier, a magician ...), his comrades. A governement in place, people with a style of life. Is the pratic of the magic allowed ? Who is/are the hero(s) ? How is their world ? And what is the probleme with their environment ?
This is the tree important questions that you must respond.

After that, we can more develop a story around these elements.

[edited by - Maximum Mind on November 2, 2002 12:39:21 PM]
hmm not really good with these medieval stuff. But try to play some on the evil. For example as mentioned before, two kingdoms, one of them very evil. People are afraid that the evil kingdom will attack their nice and shiny kingdom.

As a mission on the side you could have something like go take out the evil soldiers camp just near the border, well just an idea, maybe it sounds to much like Lord of the Rings.

Good Luck!!

Daniel

http://www.writers-hub.tk
quote:So if anyone could help give me some ideas, id greatly appreciate that. Thanks
Aardvarks with glasses.

I recommend starting with a world. A VERY detailed world. After that, create your main characters. This should know be quite simple. Finally, write a plot using these characters. Voila!!

[edited by - DuranStrife on November 4, 2002 6:19:52 PM]
Gee..the stories people come up with these days...it''s turning the Writing Forum updide-down huh?!

You might want to try that RPG MAker 2000

------------------------------
"I''''m Myself Nothing More" - Kolin32K
------------------------------"I''m Myself Nothing More" - Kolin32K
Thanks to all of thoughs that replied and well im sorry for giving very little detail into the current prediciment. We have already created a world and have the main characters. With the characters we were just trying to find a place for them to develop their own stories. Again thanks for the few, that were serious when they replied.

Hopeless Romantic Aero
Hopeless Romantic Aero

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement