Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boltimus

Filters for opening files...

Okay I got the common dialog box working to open files with GetOpenFileName but I''m getting garbage letters in the file type text area. I used the following format for the filter (which is entered for the LPCTSTR lpstrFilter member) Anyhow here''s how I did it, does this look right? char filter[] = TEXT("Text Files (*.txt)\0*.txt\0"); file_data.lpstrFilter = filter; thx! ~Bolt "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." This I did...

the files of type drop down box has the garbage characters...I have nothing in the file name (which is fine with me) it''s the files of type that I want to get right...

thx!!

~Bolt

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." This I did...