Started by
5 comments, last by Anddos 21 years, 5 months ago
hello i am very new to the game .. anyway i need the best tools to get started with. Looking to make a 3d engine game fps i know its getting take a while to learn but it will be worth it .. thanks if u can get me a list of best programs for coding textures and openGL thanks
:)
Advertisement
I''m using MSVC6.0 for the coding, Paintshop Pro 7 for the textures and 3DS-MAX for the textures, buti would suggest that you start with simple stuff, starting on a fps right away would only result in an unfinished project.
I''m using MSVC6.0 for the coding, Paintshop Pro 7 for the textures and 3DS-MAX for the objects, buti would suggest that you start with simple stuff, starting on a fps right away would only result in an unfinished project.
Um - you don''t code textures, you draw them.

Anyway, what kinda bufget are you looking at?

God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him...
Landsknecht
My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.
na cause i am taking my time
i dont know where to start
:)
quote:Original post by Rob Lemmens
...starting on a fps right away would only result in an unfinished project.

Quite an understatement.
I was originally going to go on a rant about these newbie threads which pop up on a daily basis, but I''ve decided that it won''t make any difference because the next newbie who starts another duplicate thread will not even bother to read this one. So I withhold my rant.
I''m left speechless that these are the next generation of ''professional programmers''...
I don''t know. The current generation of professionals grew up learning programming where it was definitely possible to make a whole game by themselves. The games then were 2D platform games and the likes, the games now are First Person Shooters.

We''ve all had the same dreams when beginning, it''s just not as feasible to carry them through now.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement