gouraud shading doesn't work on all my object - please help!

Started by
2 comments, last by _NeKo_ 21 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I''m a newbie on DirectX API I load an XFile (a Jack o''Lantern) in a CD3DMesh with the Create method. Part of my prog : /////////////////////////////////////////// // Load my Logo (Pumkin for Halloween) m_pDeviceObjects->m_pLogo = new CD3DMesh(); if( !m_pDeviceObjects->m_pLogo) return E_FAIL; if( FAILED( m_pDeviceObjects->m_pLogo->Create(m_pd3dDevice, CURRENT_LOGO_FILE))) return E_FAIL; m_pDeviceObjects->m_pLogo->UseMeshMaterials(true); m_pDeviceObjects->m_pLogo->SetFVF( m_pd3dDevice, D3DFVF_MYCUSTOMVERTEX); etc. My scene contains 1 directionnal light and 1 point light (into the head). On rendering, the gouraud shading doesn''t work on all vertex. I see a join which look''s like a meridian on my pumkin. But when I load my object with the Mesh viewer of the DXSDK, my object is perfectly smooth. I think I must have forgotten a step. Anybody has an idea ?? Thank you. A+ :: NeKo ::
A+:: NeKo ::
Advertisement
up!

A+
:: NeKo ::
a new up

you can see some pictures of my problems here :
http://www.mime-com.org/dxproject.htm

A+
:: NeKo ::
I''m no expert, but I doubt thats a problem with gouraud shading, I think it''s a "problem" with your x-file (ie, the low-polygon nature of it.)

¬_¬

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement